- All visitors and their personal effects are subject to search as outlined in the Code of Virginia.
- All items will be removed from pockets. All individuals will pass through the walk-through metal detector. An officer will scan you with a hand-held metal detector.
- Each visitor must have a valid picture ID.
- Visitors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Inmates may only receive a total of three (3) visits per day. The maximum time for each visit is thirty (30) minutes.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning of each visit to allow time to register.
- There will be no more than three visitors (two adults and one minor) at one time.
- Visits are thirty minutes only.
- There is NO eating or drinking allowed in the visiting area by inmates or visitors. There is NO sitting on the visitation tables.
- Intoxicated visitors or visitors who appear to be under the influence will denied access into the facility and may be subject to arrest.
- A visitor must be on the inmate’s visiting list to visit and is only permitted to visit the inmate they signed up to visit.
- One diaper and one bottle for infants. If stroller is necessary, it will be searched.
- Clothing for court, if prior approval has been received, will be accepted at the lobby desk.
- Money orders or cashier’s checks only for deposit to an inmate’s account.
- Vehicle keys and identification.
Visitors must limit items brought into the jail. The following items are not permitted in any part of the jail and should be left in your vehicle.
- No cigarettes or tobacco products of any kind, no lighter and/or matches.
- No items considered to be a weapon such as knives and kubatons.
- No photo or video cameras and/or recording devices.
- No cell phones or pagers.
- No food or drinks.
- You cannot bring letters, pictures, magazines, or books to an inmate.
- Do not bring pocketbooks or handbags, toys, coloring books, etc.
*This list is not all-inclusive; other items may be deemed inappropriate by jail staff.